Chapter 1 has been split into 2 parts and the puzzles have now been designed for both. Part 1 is complete and Part 2 needs some refinement, but….
This means i can jump into concepting out the environments while i work out the tiny details for Part 2, YAY!
I used to battle with being faithful to the ship layout and absolute specifics of the design but it always felt, well… a little sterile and forced. The deisigns will be as true to the original as i can make them but some changes will have to be made to certain room locations and contents. The long and the short of it is this: I’m now starting the concept art stage. So there =)
Sorry there’s nothing to actually show at this stage. There’re pages and pages and pages of puzzle notes, designs, sketches and brainstorming documents but they’re all a little…. well, spoilery.
After the puzzle dsign is finished then it’s on to the concept work and that i will be able to post. It may be pap but it’s progress.
It’s strange but, doing it this way keeps on giving me energy. When i was working in 3d, i was sort of rudderless but with each thing i’m doing here, i’m becoming really proud of what i’ve achieved. I’ve just finished work (“just” being over the last 4 days) on two puzzles which i would love to find in an adventure game and i can’t wait for the beta testers to try them out!
OK, so, back to it.
Having a jolly whizzy time, Byeeeeee!